Friday 8 May 2015

The Upper Berth Final Outcome And Evaluation

Here my final 3 illustration of Upper Berth story


 
 
 
 
evaluation
 
in this module  we asked to do 3 illustrations that respond to upper berth story and reflect the content , these illustration going to represent three part of the story bagging  meddle and end
the story I chose is upper berth written by f.Marion crawford in 1854 -1909 this story about a ghost on board kamtschatka he had been assigned the lower berth in  cabin 105 and noticed everybody  was nervous about it.
first step, was to read and understand the content of story ,and  to choose which parts of a text I want to illustrate which was a challenge for me because English is my second language, and the story is written in a difficult language for me, to break this difficulty ,I watched movie on YouTube about the story and it was very helpful to me to full understanding  of the content the story. my first  aim was to try to convey the feeling of story period by studying the lifestyle of the  time the story was written at 1845, so I made research about this time fashion decoration, I collected some images to support my illustration.second aim  I wanted to deliver the fact of that the story is a ghost story ,so the way I though to do it by using  dark colour and faded light.
second step, I was looking to explore a new technique of illustration, I always impressed with 3d art design, so I have decided to make my illustration by using mixed media technique which is 2d character inside 3d environment,    so I made research about deferent  3d illustrations art and artist so I have been strongly influenced by the work of Tiago Hosiel ,red nose studio and ==== .I wanted to mix between these three artistes  styles  to help me to do my  illustration in the  easiest and most effective technique I could do, I  chose to my do make do my illustration character on Photoshop and then move to cinema 4d to do the 3d environment  of scene event  
after 3 week of work I managed to make to 3 illustration made by mixed media technique I used Photoshop and cinema 4d to make. first one representing the ghost moving inside cabin 105 which is the place where the mean events of the story  take place,  second one  is about the doctor who on board  kamtschatka  steamship telling Brisbane the man who is sharing the cabin 105 with ghost about strange events have happened inside that cabin ,last one is showing  the ship captain  and Birsbane are fighting the ghost. I used in these three illustrations  gradual fading spot light like candle light  as the story set on time when people used candles this spot is taking place in back  to give a scary feeling what is behind the dark
finally I am satisfied about my final outcome as it my first try to visualize a story has been written by deferent person so it was a challenge , the quality would be better if had previous experience about this kind of art, I will try and  explore and deferent illustrations  technique and look more at deferent artists works.

No comments:

Post a Comment