Monday 2 March 2015

Chatracter Rigging In Cinema 4d


First I had to create  a skeleton ,so to do that I  used joint tool from the characte menu  and then I inserted a joint at the pelvis and then  another  inisde the head by holding Ctrl,then I split the tow joints up by holding shift and then  clicking the connection between the  joints .I have placed one of the splits in between the shoulders ,and then tow up and under the stomach .these joints is  going to be the spine and the top joint for the head and the second top  going to be for the neck .

I used the same (Joint )technique to make arms and legs joints, so I have made joints for the shoulder , arms and hands .then I  have made joints for the legs, heels foot and toes .
Spine and Head Control
To control the movement of head joint I had to make controller by adding spine and then I made it editable after then I moved itover the head of the character, I put the head controller inside the head joint in the( object manger),Then I selected the orange arrows on the left of the cinema 4d screen and then I set all coordinates to 0, I took the head control out of the head joint then I set the rotation coordinates to 0,I added constraint to the head joint in the constraint attribute manager I clicked PSR then I dragged the head controller into the target box and then clicked(R).Now the head controller is ready to control the head joint  .I repeated this procedure to make controllers to next to 2 joints of the spine.


 
 
 Shoulder, Arm and Hand
I have done a smellier way of head and spine control to the hand and shoulder control but I had to add IK command form character tag to the shoulder joint and in IK tag in attributes manager, I dragged the hand joint into the end box and the hand controller into the goal box and I added pole, then I moved the pole to get good result when I animating the pole after that I added constraint to the hand joint I chose parent and, Then I dragged  hand controller into the target field and checked  the rotation box .



 
Legs
Before I started rigging the legs I had to make three nulls for the heel toe and foot it had to positioned in their joints And the I repositioned heel null to the bottom and back of the foot .
Then I made foot control under the foot joints then at object manager I placed foot and toe null to heel null ,And then  I placed heel null to the foot control ,then I added constraint to heel joint and checked up and aim box on the aim tab set the axis to z+ and the dragged foot null to target field on up vector I set the axis to y- and z= and then dragged heel null in the target  field ,I added another constraint to the foot joint with same sitting apart from in target field on aim tab changed the foot null to toe null ,I had to add IK tag to the joint as I dragged the heel joint into the end field the added goal and pole ,I moved the pole outwards to the knee in object manager I place the goal into the foot null

 



Feet
Firstly I selected foot control and in the attributes manger clicked user data and I add user data named the data foot roll I set the interface to float slider and the unit to degree and min value to -15 and the max value to 30 ,Then I add Xpresso tag I dragged the foot controller heel null and foot null to xpresso window ,I clicked the red corner on the foot controller box and select user data foot roll
I clicked the blue coroner on the foot null and heel null box's and selected  rotation ,then I inserted tow range mappers by right in first range mapper in the attributes window set input range and output range to degree, and then I clicked the clamp lower box and set input lower and output lower to 0
as well input upper and output upper to 30,then on the second range mapper the input range and output range to degree.
on clamp upper box
se input lower and output lower to 15
Input upper and output upper to 0
Finally I have to connected the foot controller re circle to both range mapper blue circles
and connected the first to heel null and foot null


 
After I mirrored  the hand and the legs joints my character is ready to be animated and it can do some simple movement.
 
 

 

 

I had to use weight technique to give to the  character more realistic movement.
 

 
Finally the character is ready to do simple movement .
 
this week target
1. work on character walk cycle
2.finish my Essay.
3. development write up my contextual studies
.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment